Thursday, August 2, 2012

El Cholo


El Cholo Restaurant in La Habra is definitely not a dive, but we love it. I have read some mixed reviews about El Cholo, most of which I disagree with or don't see as a reason for a bad review. Yes sometimes you will have to wait for a table (they get busy) and no it is not super cheap Mexican food (it is a nice sit down restaurant). However, El Cholo does the 2 most important things very well- food and drink. I have never ordered a dish here that I did not enjoy. My go to favorites are the Enchilada Suiza or the Enchilada/Tamale combo plate- both delicious! I have also heard that the seasonal green corn tamales are amazing, but I have yet to try one for myself. Of course, you can't go wrong with a simple plate of sizzling fajitas...

Now on to the most important part, their Margaritas. The margaritas here are awesome, so awesome that I find it impossible to go here and not order one. I stick with the classic El Cholo Margarita, but other Dive Lifers swear by the L.A. Lemonade- either way I think you'll be happy. They do offer happy hour here, but Dive Life has not yet been for the happy hour deals so stay tuned for that update.

Friendly staff, delicious food, good drinks. You can't go wrong here! Just be prepared to wait for a table on the weekends and pay (on average) about $11/person for your food and $8 for a basic margarita. We can't afford to eat here all the time, but when we want a nice meal out that we can depend on, we go to El Cholo.

Check out a full menu here.


El Cholo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment